Our First Century 1916 - 2016

image

From Small Beginnings

Although we do not know the date, we know the year was in 1965 that Brother Jim Hayes and his wife Martha moved to Sudbury Suffolk, leaving the assembly in Chiswick London. To start building an assembly in the birth town the artists Gainsborough, which is on the edge of Constable Country.

During the coming months a small group of believers meet in the Home of Brother David Perry. Finding a location for the Churches regular meetings came in 1965 when they rented the back room of the local Liberal Party Hall (ex Primitive Methodist)

After many years of Pentecostal ministry in Sudbury, having changed pastors several times and following many other assemblies we changed the name in 2007 to Living Waters Fellowship. The emphasis being that of the Holy Spirit flowing during all services (John 7; 38). Since this time we have seen the power of God move in miraculous ways from some giving up drink and drugs, to Healings from cancer. In 2014 we celebrated 50yrs of God’s word being spoken over Sudbury. This service included of a plaque to Past Jim Hays and his wife Martha who are still an active members of the fellowship. And Yes we still provide a splendid meal, as we open two days a week to provide a hot meal to those in need.